Wednesday 21 April 2010

Happy Birthday Blog/Bye Bye

When I began thinking about this post this morning, I didn't realise that it was two years to the day since I started the blog. Seems like some kind of a sign...

The point is that I set up the blog with no idea if anyone would ever read it, and well, gradually some did (hi, all of you!). There is something very satisfying about sharing an interest with others all across the globe, and I remain fascinated by the subject of this blog. Thanks to everyone who has commented, emailed, and otherwise provided feedback.

Two years ago I was working part-time and living somewhere where I hardly knew anyone. In short, I didn't have much of a life ;-) Things have changed, happily for me, and I no longer have the time to devote to the blog as I want to. That is generally a good thing, but I'm still disappointed because I really enjoy blogging. But seeing interesting stories continually pass me by is getting frustrating. I simply can't keep up with all, or even a good selection, of the memory developments in Latin America.

So with regret, I'm taking a back seat, at least for a while. The archives will stay, and perhaps I will write again if and when circumstances allow, but I will no longer make any claim to blogging daily. Those of you who have your own Lat Am/memory blogs - keep up the good work!

p.s. Let's end with some good news.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn! (my selfish response) Adios y suerte! (My less than selfish response)

mumu said...

I wanted to see if you had posted something about the noble-herrera advert and I came across this!! se te va a extrañar :)

hanan said...

god i loved your blog, and i wish you all the best, plz come back soon

Lillie Langtry said...

Thanks guys, and also to the other person whose comment I meant to approve but accidentally deleted instead!

m said...

Happy that you're enjoying life more these days, and know that you'll be missed. I have kept track of the developments with the truth commission back home (peru) through your blog. I'm happy you kept at it as long as you did.