Saturday 25 August 2012

Colombia: Hector Abad Faciolince's Oblivion

“From the beginning, when I was seated in the pool of my father’s blood, I knew I had to tell that story, to write a book and tell the truth and not let the assassins impose their lies on us,” said Abad.
The Washington Post has a review of Hector Abad Faciolince's book Oblivion, now published in English in the US. The memoir of his father, who was murdered in Colombia in the 1980s, is "not a book distorted by rage" but a detailed account of a life in a "country without memory". Sounds fascinating - and the article here also includes one of those photos of a small photo cupped in the hands, which I find particularly interesting.

A generation later, Colombian author rescues murdered father from ‘oblivion’ (Washington Post)

No comments: